There are so many ways you can help the homeless in our community! Here’s a list of some things you may consider doing between now and Christmas.
- Organize a drive for Christmas Gifts. Items are needed by December 10.
- Donate online to provide Christmas Gifts. Visit Star of Hope’s Christmas Gift Catalog.
- Create We Care Houston Packages and give them to homeless men and women you see on the streets.
- Give $10 by texting “SOH” to 20222. Encourage your friends to do it too!
- Provide warm and nutritious meals for only $1.63 each.
- Volunteer to serve a meal at one of Star of Hope’s facilities. We serve 3 meals a day, 365 days a year.
- Host a drive and a contest...Pillow Fight: Who can gather the most new pillows and pillow cases?
- TP the Mission: What?... Host a drive for toilet paper.
- Use your professional skills to help the homeless.
- Undies for Change: We always need NEW socks and underwear for men and women.
- Pray for our homeless veterans who are living on the streets.
- Provide a day of care… food, clothing, shelter and more.
- Home and Dry: Collect new linens and blankets for twin beds. Make Star of Hope feel more like home.
- Tell your friends why you care for the homeless and why you support Star of Hope.
- Pray with and for homeless children who are praying for a home.
- Pray for the men and women at Star of Hope who are on the road to recovery and a new life.
- Could you commit to working one shift a week? Become a High Impact Volunteer.
- Share your support for Star of Hope on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. We appreciate it!
- Like working with kids? You and your group can host a children’s activity at Star of Hope.
- A volunteer opportunity for the whole family… Cookies and Good Night.
- The donated clothing we receive needs to be sorted. Come serve in our Storehouse.
- We answer a lot of phone calls! Volunteer in our Call Center.
- Looking for a last minute Christmas Gift. Help the homeless and send your friends Christmas eCards.
- Get Up and Go: Host a drive for job-interview-worthy women’s clothing size 22 and up.
- It’s not too late to give a year-end gift. Donate online and help Houston’s homeless.
Star of Hope's President & CEO, Hank Rush, will be posting stories of "Christmas Miracles" over the next 25 days. Go to his blog, 25 Days of Christmas Miracles
, and tell us your story of how you are helping the homeless this Christmas Season.