A child’s mother enters the classroom with tears of joy, celebrating and thanking staff that since her son has been in our program he has learned about God, what God’s purpose is for his life, his behavior in school changed from all Ss to all Es, he was awarded student of the week, and his grades have vastly improved. This is what I love about working at Star of Hope. Every child and every family enters the doors for different reasons and with different life circumstances, but there is hope of healing and true life change for each of them. Working at Star of Hope, you not only get to experience and witness God’s grace in the lives of the guests, but you get to be a part of God’s work in their lives.
Proverbs 3: 5-6 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” At Star of Hope…
• I have seen families reunited.
• I have seen mothers stop using drugs.
• I have seen children go from being suspended for fighting on a weekly basis to receiving student of the month behavior awards.
• I have seen angry and hurt children become healed and hopeful.
• I have seen children who would say I know I’m going to end up in jail, leave Star of Hope with better grades, better behavior and a new purpose in life.
• I have seen children and families put their trust back in Christ and their life change.
I am very proud and humbled to be a part of a ministry that works to put God first and trusts in the Lord knowing that true life change can only occur in us and in those we serve with God in your heart.