I don’t know about you, but we still have teenagers at home and we are so glad school is out and our “TO DO” lists have been greatly simplified!
Here at Star of Hope, summertime brings significant “TO DO” lists for two reasons: 1) each summer we gear up to serve hundreds more homeless in our city who come for help during the hot summer months, and 2) we have all of our resident families’ children here with us all summer.
It’s an exciting time of service and wonderful things happen here in the summer each year!
Our Men’s Development Center downtown is running over capacity already, and our Women & Family Emergency Shelter’s continuous overflow is already running at 60-75 persons sleeping on the floor each night, and it’s only June!
This summer, with your help, we are planning to provide:
- more than 167,750 meals with cold water, juice and milk to battle heat stroke and other summer illnesses
- 77,404 safe beds in our three air-conditioned facilities, so each Client can recover from a day in the heat
- a summer filled with laughter, life-changing activities and God’s love for more than 536 homeless boys and girls
- distribution of 9,360 bottles of cold water over the summer months from our Love-In-Action Van
- all with programs and services to encourage and bring new hope, and a path to independence once again!
While it is a challenge, summer provides some of our best opportunities to invest in the lives of children and families.
Want to help? GIVE NOW... A transformed life often begins with a simple meal shared in love. As our guests come in from the heat for a nutritious meal, your gift today will help turn a summer of crisis and pain into a SUMMER OF HOPE! At just $1.80 per meal, consider how many lives your generous support can touch this summer.
Blessings, and I hope you enjoy your summer!