As Star of Hope celebrates National Volunteer Month, the Volunteer Services team asked other staff members and clients, “What do our volunteers mean to you?” We thought we would share a few of their responses with you – we were tremendously blessed and think you will be, too!
- "The volunteers here have made an impact, so that I want to go out and serve the community too!" - Ashley, client
- "Like they say in The Help, ‘You is kind, you is smart, you is important.’ Our volunteers are just like that! Without them, we would be in bad shape. They are a blessing to have here at Star of Hope. When they come here, they are more than just volunteers, they are brothers and sisters who are willing to give a hand." -Derrick, staff member
- "Volunteers help meet our needs. Everything at the shelter is run on volunteerism. When someone volunteers, it says a lot about that individual. It shows that they have integrity. Volunteers help us to improve our lives." - Jennifer, client
- "Volunteers are the backbone of our organization." -Shannon, staff member
- "Many hands make light work! We are glad for the help that volunteers provide." -Catherine, client
- "Volunteers are the lifeblood of Star of Hope. They hold up our arms, and we could not fulfill our mission without them." -Henri, staff member
- "Our volunteers are good instructors. If they did not come I would be stuck in a rut. They really seem to care, and I have learned a lot from them." -Raymond, client
- "Volunteers help our organization to function smoothly. They are extra hands and feet!" -Ellen, staff member
- "Volunteers help the staff keep everything organized and give us a clean facility. They help with crowd control and make the number of guests more manageable. We are thankful for them!" -Verda, client
- "We get really happy because volunteers make the jobs easier! Our volunteers are like family!" -Roy, staff member
- "Volunteers are really nice for coming to serve us! They are ALL really nice!" -Rita, client
- "I enjoy seeing volunteers play with the kids. There are always lots of smiles – the kids, the volunteers – everyone is having a great time!" - Scott, staff member
- "Volunteers give their time to ensure our clients get the training that they need. They come faithfully and they are such an important part of the work being done at Star of Hope." -Clifton, staff member
Thank you for serving with Star of Hope Mission!